This is a delicious and easy way to roast carrots as a side dish with a paddle-type hot air fryer. Boiled carrots just won’t cut it after this recipe.
You can make this a day ahead even and reheat in microwave.
Makes 3 cups / 400 g / 14 oz in total.
- 500 g carrots (1 pound)
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- Wash and chunk the carrots; do not peel.
- Put carrots in pan of your hot air fryer. Add the dried herb; pour the oil on top the dried herb (so that it doesn't get blown around.)
- Roast for about 20 minutes.
- Add the orange juice, roast for a final 5 minutes.
- Serve hot.
You honestly won’t want / need more than two teaspoons of oil; I’m not just trying to be cheap with it.
I used heritage carrots, but you can use any carrots. If you use baby carrots, you can probably just chuck them into the pan as they are, with no further chopping.
Use whatever herb mixture you want.
Instead of the orange juice, you could use lemon juice, or just omit.
4 servings of 3/4 cup (100 g / 3.5 oz) each. Each serving is 84 calories / 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus®. (The recipe has 9 points in total.)
* Nutrition info provided by https://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by hotairfrying.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.
* Actifry™ is a registered trademark of SEB, France.
* AirFryer™ is a registered trademark of Philips, Netherlands.
Leave a Reply