Many people won’t need to acquire any special accessories or kitchen tools to use with their hot air fryer.
Some people may like to, though.
If homemade chips / fries have not been a part of your life for oh-so-many-years now, you may wish to look at getting a “chipper” / French fry maker to quickly and safely cut potatoes up for you.
You may find spoons awkward with new shapes of pans and new kinds of food you are experimenting with, and wish you had a pair of kitchen tongs.
We’ve made here a list of some accessories you might wish to consider getting over time.
- When you get a hot air fryer, I would say you then need to make sure you have two other pieces of equipment: a good chipper, and a good vegetable brush. I think Americans sometimes call a chipper a “French Fry Cutter”. In any event, it’s a machine used to quickly, easily and safely turn... Read More »
- Commercial cooking sprays are made from oil, along with an emulsifier such as soy lecithin, and something such as either a bit of alcohol, silicone, or a propellant agent to help prevent the spray from foaming or clogging the spray nozzle. Some may have other ingredients as well to help increase their non-stick capabilities. They... Read More »
- When you start to do a lot of hot air frying you will find that kitchen tongs can be a very useful cooking tool to have in your kitchen. They are not only useful for gripping and serving stick-shaped food like fries / chips; they are also useful in manipulating more “wedge” or chunk shaped... Read More »
- When a hot air fryer enters your life, there’s a good chance that there’s going to be a lot more veg to be peeled in your kitchen than there has been in a long while. The reason is simple: so many veg are far more interesting when air roasted or air fried, and it’s easy... Read More »
- Vegetables are more interesting in a hot air fryer, so you may find yourself eating a lot more of them. If nothing else, you’ll be making a lot more chips / French fries. So if you’ve lived without a vegetable scrubbing brush up till now, you may find yourself in want of one. A vegetable... Read More »
- Instant Read Thermometers are thermometers that you stick into food you are cooking to instantly know the internal temperature of that food. They are of course useful in all kinds of cooking, but I have found them particularly useful in hot air frying. In a hot air fryer, the cooking times are not what you... Read More »
- Oftentimes in hot air frying just a light spray of oil is needed to encourage a food item to crisp and brown. Some people choose to do this using an oil spray bottle that is refillable at home. There are several advantages to a refillable bottle: In the long run, it is definitely cheaper than... Read More »
- Oftentimes in hot air frying just a light application of oil is needed to encourage a food item to crisp and brown. You could do this with a brush. But then you have to wash the brush, and the brush might wipe off any crumb coating on the food, and you may be putting... Read More »