Heat: Halogen and Infrared
Fan: Convection fan
Dimensions: 15-4/5 by 13 by 12-1/2 inches
Weight: 17 pounds
Runs at 120 volts
Capacity: 16 US Quarts
Timer: Dial. Up to 60 minutes. Automatic shut-off, and ding when cooking time is complete.
Colour: Customers report being shipped white, black or red, regardless of the colour shown on Amazon
Extender ring: Yes, included
Model #: 8217
Other: Includes 2 stainless-steel cooking racks (low and high).
Notes: Some Shaper Image models are also sold under the Emson brand name.
Name: Sharper Image, but actually made in China for Emson Inc (E. Mishan and Sons Inc) in New York City.
Phone: 1-800-253-4785 or 1-877-714-7444 or 1-800-423-4248 or [email protected]
Notes: one Amazon reviewer gives a customer service contact at Emson as being Antoinette Ramos
Unofficial user group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/superwaveusers/info
Manual: Yes. Also online here
Recipe book: Combined with manual
- manufacturer says, “air fries, bakes, boils, broils, dehydrates, grills, roasts and steams”
- manufacturer says, can cook from frozen. (Many purchasers advise to thaw first nonetheless.)
- You can cook veggies and meat at the same two, on the two different level racks, you just have to get the timing right for when to add each
- The halogen bulb is not replaceable when it burns out, you have to buy a whole new lid
- “When handle is in off position or lowered, there is a little lever that protrudes push that in and out.This lever in not in the handle but in the unit itself. The handle just pushes it on or off.” Amazon Customer Review. 30 July 2013. https://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_al_tlc_cl?ie=UTF8&asin=B003DNRGAS&cdAnchor=Mx27H6O142GCDXE
- Upper grill just has three legs instead of four, some customers have pointed out it’s a bit tippy for that reason
- Do not try to turn the timer dial counter clockwise or you will break it
- Some users report there is too much moisture retained in the machine for successful dehydration to occur
- Some users report that the FlavorWave cooking accessory kit will fit this machine  https://www.amazon.com/review/R12XLYHU0MWTAL/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B003DNRGAS#wasThisHelpful Link: https://www.amazon.com/Flavorwave-Turbo-4-Piece-Deluxe-Accessory/dp/B002UKP9S6/ref=cm_cr-mr-title
- Lettering can wear off the dials quite quickly. Some people advise putting clear tape over the lettering to protect it;
- Metal tinish wears off metal racks quickly, it’s just sprayed on
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||Amazon Customer Review. 30 July 2013. https://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_al_tlc_cl?ie=UTF8&asin=B003DNRGAS&cdAnchor=Mx27H6O142GCDXE|
|2.||↑||https://www.amazon.com/review/R12XLYHU0MWTAL/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B003DNRGAS#wasThisHelpful Link: https://www.amazon.com/Flavorwave-Turbo-4-Piece-Deluxe-Accessory/dp/B002UKP9S6/ref=cm_cr-mr-title|