Chunks of parsnip roasted in duck fat to make them sweet and chewy, then glazed in maple syrup.
Parsnip lovers will think someone robbed heaven’s candy store just for them.
You can make this in a paddle-type or a basket-type air fryer.
Makes 3 cups ( 360 g).
Temperature: 180 C / 350 F
Maple Glazed Roasted Parsnips
- Wash parsnip, then peel and cut into 2 to 3 cm (1 inch) or larger chunks. Set aside.
- ACTIFRY: Pop duck fat into pan of your paddle-type air fryer, such as an Actifry™. Melt for 2 minutes.BASKET-TYPE: For basket-type air fryer such as a Philips AirFryer™, melt the fat in a microwave-safe jug in the microwave
- ACTIFRY: Add prepared parsnip to the Actifry pan with the melted fat.BASKET: Pour melted fat over the chunked, peeled parsnip in a large bowl, toss, and empty into the basket of your air fryer.
- Cook for 40 minutes. Check for doneness; usually an additional few minutes are required.
- For the last 3 to 4 minutes of cooking:ACTIFRY: Sprinkle the parsley and drizzle the maple syrup over them, and cook another 3 to 4 minutes.BASKET: Empty the parsnip pieces into a bowl, sprinkle the parsley and drizzle the maple syrup over them, toss, return to basket and cook another 3 to 4 minutes.
Parsnip always shrink like mad when they are roasted — that’s why you need so much of it to start. Feel free to err on the side of caution and use a few more parsnip.
Instead of duck fat, you can use the same amount of goose fat, or suet. Or, try 3 to 4 tablespoons of oil (oil evaporates so you need far more.)
Instead of maple syrup, you could try honey, or golden syrup, or anything else that strikes your fancy as a glaze.
Makes 3 cups / 360 g. That’s 6 servings of 1/2 cup (60 g).
There are 162 calories per 1/2 cup (60 g) serving.
Weight Watchers PointsPlus® : 4 per 1/2 cup (60 g / 2 oz) serving. 24 points total in the entire recipe.
* Nutrition info provided by https://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by hotairfrying.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.
* Actifry™ is a registered trademark of SEB, France.