Similar product: sold in the UK as “Prolectrix Infra Chef”
Heat: Halogen and Conduction
Fan: Convection fan
Dimensions: 13-inch by 15-1/2-inch by 12-1/2-inch
Capacity: 12 US quarts / 12 litres
Temperature: Dial. Range thaw wash to 480-degree F
Timer: Dial. 1 to 60-minute timer
Extender ring: Yes, included
Model #: 72-4821 (US); EK0056 (UK – Prolectrix)
Other: Includes upper rack, lower/egg cooking rack, 10 slice toast rack, steamer rack, fry pan, tongs, lid/cooker assembly, oven lid stand, insulated base with carry handles and long 44-inch cord.
Name: not known. Possibly Midwestern Trading Group
Phone: Purchasers of the US model report that the manual has a toll-free number and email address for the Midwestern Trading Group near Chicago, Illinois.
Manufacturer’s product page:
Manual: Yes. Instruction manual with recipes
Recipe book: In manual
Download ProElectrix / InfraChef / Abode Halogen Oven Manual
- Extender ring increases volume capacity to 15 US quarts / 15 litres
- Purchasers report actual manufacturer can be difficult to locate / contact
- Some purchasers report lack of success at cooking larger pieces of meat from frozen
- “What I noticed was a buildup of grease and grime on the inside heating cover which covers the fan blades” Amazon Customer Review, December 2012, https://www.amazon.com/review/R3C80ZRKYRUYJ1/
- Halogen bulb is not replaceable, when it burns out, that’s it.
- Do not force timer button
- Lettering can wear off the dials quite quickly. Some people advise putting clear tape over the lettering to protect it;
- Do not leave soiled fry pan in the machine, the moisture can rust it;
- “The safety tab on the handle is fragile if you do not pull it in before you set the handle”  Amazon Customer Review, October 2012, https://www.amazon.com/review/R332NHJRA0L6Z7/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0045Z4PIE
- Purchasers report that baking can be an issue, with the tops of baked goods burning well before the insides are cooked. Some suggest it takes experimentation to get it right.
References [ + ]
|1.||↑||Amazon Customer Review, December 2012, https://www.amazon.com/review/R3C80ZRKYRUYJ1/|
|2.||↑||Amazon Customer Review, October 2012, https://www.amazon.com/review/R332NHJRA0L6Z7/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0045Z4PIE|