Similar product: sold in the UK as “Prolectrix Infra Chef”
Heat: Halogen and Conduction
Fan: Convection fan
Dimensions: 13-inch by 15-1/2-inch by 12-1/2-inch
Capacity: 12 US quarts / 12 litres
Temperature: Dial. Range thaw wash to 480-degree F
Timer: Dial. 1 to 60-minute timer
Extender ring: Yes, included
Model #: 72-4821 (US); EK0056 (UK – Prolectrix)
Other: Includes upper rack, lower/egg cooking rack, 10 slice toast rack, steamer rack, fry pan, tongs, lid/cooker assembly, oven lid stand, insulated base with carry handles and long 44-inch cord.
Name: not known. Possibly Midwestern Trading Group
Phone: Purchasers of the US model report that the manual has a toll-free number and email address for the Midwestern Trading Group near Chicago, Illinois.
Manufacturer’s product page:
Manual: Yes. Instruction manual with recipes
Recipe book: In manual
Download ProElectrix / InfraChef / Abode Halogen Oven Manual
- Extender ring increases volume capacity to 15 US quarts / 15 litres
- Purchasers report actual manufacturer can be difficult to locate / contact
- Some purchasers report lack of success at cooking larger pieces of meat from frozen
- “What I noticed was a buildup of grease and grime on the inside heating cover which covers the fan blades” Amazon Customer Review, December 2012, https://www.amazon.com/review/R3C80ZRKYRUYJ1/
- Halogen bulb is not replaceable, when it burns out, that’s it.
- Do not force timer button
- Lettering can wear off the dials quite quickly. Some people advise putting clear tape over the lettering to protect it;
- Do not leave soiled fry pan in the machine, the moisture can rust it;
- “The safety tab on the handle is fragile if you do not pull it in before you set the handle”  Amazon Customer Review, October 2012, https://www.amazon.com/review/R332NHJRA0L6Z7/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0045Z4PIE
- Purchasers report that baking can be an issue, with the tops of baked goods burning well before the insides are cooked. Some suggest it takes experimentation to get it right.