This is a base, foundation recipe for risotto in an Actifry.
You could eat it plain, as is, garnished perhaps with a bit of grated parmesan and / or a drizzle of a nice flavourful oil such as olive, walnut, avocado oil, etc.
It makes a great base recipe though for using up leftover cooked items in the fridge, or for dolling up with a can or two of things by raiding the larder.
There’s really not much to this at all. Here we go:
Actifry™ Risotto - Base Recipe
Put tablespoon of oil in Actifry. Heat for 2 minutes.
Add rice. Cook for a further 3 minutes.
Add the stock all at once. Cook for 30 minutes.
Add any other desired ingredients (see below for ideas.) If the rice looks dry, add a bit of boiling water. Cook for another 10 minutes.
Check rice for softness and creaminess. If necessary, add a bit more boiling water, and cook for another 5 to 7 minutes.
Doll it up!
After 30 minutes, add anything you have to hand to jazz up the taste. Here’s a few ideas to get you thinking:
- 4 to 6 tablespoons grated parmesan
- can of peas, corn kernels or carrots, drained
- can of mushrooms, drained
- handful or two of frozen veg such as peas, mixed veg, etc
- leftover chopped cooked veg such as broccoli, cauliflower, peas, carrots, green or yellow beans, etc.
- leftover chopped cooked meat
- can of tuna or salmon
- chunks of roasted eggplant (aubergine) which you previously roasted in your air fryer
- teaspoon or two of onion powder, garlic powder, curry powder, salt, pepper, dried parsley, dried basil
- a squeeze or two of fresh lemon juice (or a splodge from a bottle)
- half a glass of white wine or a dash of white vermouth or a few dollops of beer
(Stir in a bit any dried, powdery stuff such as herbs in to make sure they don’t just get blown around.)
After adding any of the above, cook for an additional 10 minutes to heat through and make sure rice ends up completely soft. Then check, and if it’s dry, add about 125 ml (4 oz / 1/2 cup) of boiling water and cook for another 4 to 5 minutes.
There are 6 servings of 1/2 cup (125 g / 4.5 oz) each. Each serving is 221 calories / 5 Weight Watchers PointsPlus®. (The recipe has 33 points in total.)
See also my tips for risotto in an Actifry.
* Nutrition info provided by https://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by hotairfrying.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.
* Actifry™ is a registered trademark of SEB, France.