Note: there are also two very similar Nuwave models, regarding which no customers seem to be sure what the difference is: Nu-Wave Pro Black Digital Oven with Extender Ring Kit, model 20356 and Digital Nuwave Oven Model 20329. There is also now (as of 2016) the NuWave 20632 Pro Plus Oven with Stainless Steel Extender Ring, Black.
Heat: Infrared coil and Conduction
Fan: Convection fan
Dimensions: 14 by 14 by 16 inches
Weight: 10 pounds
Runs at 120 V
Temperature: Digital. It is set by choices from 1 to 10, there is no actual temperature display as such in either “F” or “C”.
Timer: Digital. Loud beep alerts when cooking time is completed.
Lid: Polycarbonate plastic, dishwasher safe.
Colour: Models 20322, 20326 and 20329 are black, all with digital controls. Models 20301 (dial controls) and 20333 (digital controls) are white.
Extender ring: Yes, included. Plastic.
Model #: 20322
Other: Includes two stainless steel cooking racks (high 4 inches that flips to be 1 inch, and a low one of 2 inches), baking pan coated with micro ceramic, rack to hold lid off to the side. (Note: some variations include only the 4 inch flippable rack.) Model and serial numbers are located on the back of the power heads. The serial number will start with a letter followed by a sequence of numbers.
Phone: (877) 689-2838
Manufacturer’s product page: https://www.nuwavenow.com/product_views.php?product_id=5661
Replacement parts: https://www.nuwaveoven.com/b239/asp/part/order_parts.asp?web_idx=
Manual: Yes, included. Also Instructional DVD. Manual is online.
Recipe book: Yes, included. Recipe book plus low-carb diet recipe book. There’s an unofficial site dedicated to NuWave recipes.
- 4″ tall rack can be flipped to become a 1″ tall rack.
- There are many accessory items including a carrier bag
- Manufacturer says it can air fry, bake, barbeque, broil, dehydrate, grill, roast and steam
- Manufacturer says, “Cooks up to a 16 Lb. turkey /141b ham with Extender Ring”
- Manufacturer says, no need for preheating or defrosting
- User reports of the plastic lid cracking are common, even when always handwashed with care. Here is a web page dedicated to the complaints: https://nuwave-oven.pissedconsumer.co/replacement-dome-15-00-20110421233509.html (Some home handymen say if you don’t mind the appearance, to just put aluminum tape over the cracks.)
- Temperature choices from 1 to 10: actual temperatures are listed in the manual. The range is from (1) 106 F / 41 C to (10) 342 F / 172 C
- Some purchasers say that the yellow replacement dome you order, called the “Power Dome”, is of thicker plastic (it’s made from polyphenylsulfone (PPSU)) and therefore they believe of higher quality than the one that ships initially with the unit. It also comes with a 3 year warranty. Owing to the cost plus shipping, however, some users just decide to purchase a new halogen oven of the same or different brand. Some people suggest to request a second, regular replacement dome before your one year warranty expires because, they say, you will surely be wanting it.
- Plastic lid may discolour over time (some surmise this may be why they made the replacement power dome yellow to start with)
- Purchasers say you really need to get an instant read meat thermometer with this oven to know if things are done inside
- Will accommodate regular oven safe pans up to 11 inches in diameter
- For small families. Won’t make enough quantities for families of 5 or more
- Manufacturer says “stainless steel cooking racks” but users report that the metal wears off exposing a coppery metal underneath.
- Can’t turn fan off or adjust fan speed, it can blow things like herbs and shredded cheese around
- Some purchasers suggest to line the bottom pan with heavy duty tin foil for easier cleanup
- Works good as a dehydrator, though the volume you can do at one time is small.
- Some users say the top temperature of 342 F really isn’t hot enough for frozen pizza, with many boxes calling for 400 F plus.
- Users recommend spraying racks first with cooking spray before use each time.
- The extender ring has a sticker on it that is very difficult to get off.
- The tight seal keeps a lot of moisture in, which can make it a challenge to get true crispness (instructions in the manual suggest opening the unit every 30 minutes to let out excess moisture, and removing items such as French fries the second they are done.)
- When lifting the lid, tilt it away from you so steam goes away from you.
- Users report quieter than many other similar ovens
Customers who purchased this rack said it works well in Nuwave ovens.