These coated and air-fried wedges make a delicious appetizer, side dish or snack.
There’s only about 15 minutes total active time from you; the Actifry takes care of the rest.
Makes enough for 4 as a generous side dish or snack (each person gets about 8 satisfying pieces.)
Temperature: 200 C / 400 F.
Air-fried Zucchini Wedges
- In a bowl, mix together the crumbs, cheese and herbs, set aside.
- Wash the zucchini well; leave unpeeled. Cut in half cross wise, then cut into wedges not more than 1 cm (1/2 inch) thick.
- Spray top rotating pan of Actifry.
- Put egg white in a shallow bowl or place. Put a small amount of the crumb mixture on another plate. (Important! Only work with a small amount of crumb mixture at a time, otherwise it will all get matted and unusable.)
- Dip a zucchini wedge in the egg white to coat, then in the crumbs to coat, pressing down well. Then put in Actifry pan. Repeat till all wedges are coated. If Actifry pan has gotten full, then put the prepared wedges on a plate to wait (don't stack.) Refill the crumb mixture plate with a bit more crumb mixture as necessary. If your hands are getting globbed up, wash and dry them to start fresh.
- Spray lightly the wedges that are in the air fryer. Cook for 7 minutes; with tongs turn them over, and cook for another 7 minutes. Take all these out, put somewhere with a cover over them (such as a microwave plate cover) to keep warm, then do the second batch of wedges the same. When you're read to serve, carefully add the first batch back in, and give them all another minute or two to get piping hot.
- Makes enough for 4 as a generous side dish.
- Serve each serving hot with its own allotment of dipping sauce made from 2 tbsp fat free Greek yoghurt mixed with 1 tbsp low-fat Blue cheese or ranch dressing (any plain fat-free yoghurt will do, but Greek makes the dip thicker.) Sriracha sauce is also good with these.
We used liquid egg white from a carton.
The recipe is easily doubled and tripled; you can prep several batches a day ahead and keep covered in refrigerator, storing the pieces separate from each other — just bring to room temperature for about an hour before cooking.
As a side sauce, you may wish to try instead: Skinny White Dipping Sauce.
Makes enough for 4 as a generous side dish or snack.
Each serving of about 8 pieces is 2 Weight Watchers PointsPlus®. (The recipe has 9 ww points in total.) The side dip adds just 1 ww point.
* Nutrition info provided by https://caloriecount.about.com
* PointsPlus™ calculated by hotairfrying.com. Not endorsed by Weight Watchers® International, Inc, which is the owner of the PointsPlus® registered trademark.
* Actifry™ is a registered trademark of SEB, France.