Heat: Radiant heat from heating coil at top
Fan: Convection fan
Dimensions: 14 x 15 x 10 inches
Weight: 17 pounds
Capacity: 9.5 US quarts / 9 litres
Runs at 120 volts / 60 Mz
Temperature: Dial. Shown in celsius at even intervals with F equivalents below. Starts at thaw, then next temperature is 125 C ( 257F )
Timer: Dial. 0 to 60 minutes. Auto shut-off with sound alert.
Bowl: glass, dishwasher safe
Lid: glass with attached power device that cannot be separated
Extender ring: not included. According to Amazon reviews, the Savoureux Pro Line Convection Extender Ring will fit the Oyama.
Model #: TRO-110U
Other: Includes 2 stainless racks — one low and one high, a set of tongs for lifting the hot stainless steel racks, and a 45 inch cord.
Name: name of actual company not known. Made in China.
Notes: OYAMA Turbo Oven 8399 EDGEWATER DRIVE OAKLAND, CA 94621 510-430-8991
Manual: Yes (rated poor by many users)
Recipe book: A few included in manual
- Based on customer reviews, seems to be among the more durable countertop convection ovens owning to glass parts, and heating coil instead of halogen bulb
- Shuts off automatically when handle is lifted
- Manufacturer says: bake; broil, convection, defrost, grill, roast, steam, toast, warm
- “the most challenging part is the lid with the cooking element built into it. The challenging bit is the handle, which folds up for carrying, and folds down for cooking — but you must press a little plastic tab in order to push the lid fully down. Ham-handed operation might lead to unnecessary breakage of this”1
- ” the only thing i could say bad about this unit is the little safety they built into the handle which must be pushed as you lower the handle to turn it on. It is very fragile and i’m sure it will in fact break at some point”2
- Do not attempt to manually force the timer backwards
- Purchasers say to thaw food first before cooking