Heat: Halogen and Infrared
Fan: Convection fan
Dimensions: 15-4/5 by 13 by 12-1/2 inches
Weight: 17 pounds
Runs at 120 volts
Capacity: 16 US Quarts
Timer: Dial. Up to 60 minutes. Automatic shut-off, and ding when cooking time is complete.
Colour: Customers report being shipped white, black or red, regardless of the colour shown on Amazon
Extender ring: Yes, included
Model #: 8217
Other: Includes 2 stainless-steel cooking racks (low and high).
Notes: Some Shaper Image models are also sold under the Emson brand name.
Name: Sharper Image, but actually made in China for Emson Inc (E. Mishan and Sons Inc) in New York City.
Phone: 1-800-253-4785 or 1-877-714-7444 or 1-800-423-4248 or email@example.com
Notes: one Amazon reviewer gives a customer service contact at Emson as being Antoinette Ramos
Unofficial user group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/superwaveusers/info
Manual: Yes. Also online here
Recipe book: Combined with manual
- manufacturer says, “air fries, bakes, boils, broils, dehydrates, grills, roasts and steams”
- manufacturer says, can cook from frozen. (Many purchasers advise to thaw first nonetheless.)
- You can cook veggies and meat at the same two, on the two different level racks, you just have to get the timing right for when to add each
- The halogen bulb is not replaceable when it burns out, you have to buy a whole new lid
- “When handle is in off position or lowered, there is a little lever that protrudes push that in and out.This lever in not in the handle but in the unit itself. The handle just pushes it on or off.”1
- Upper grill just has three legs instead of four, some customers have pointed out it’s a bit tippy for that reason
- Do not try to turn the timer dial counter clockwise or you will break it
- Some users report there is too much moisture retained in the machine for successful dehydration to occur
- Some users report that the FlavorWave cooking accessory kit will fit this machine2
- Lettering can wear off the dials quite quickly. Some people advise putting clear tape over the lettering to protect it;
- Metal tinish wears off metal racks quickly, it’s just sprayed on
Amazon Customer Review. 30 July 2013. http://www.amazon.com/gp/forum/cd/discussion.html/ref=cm_cd_al_tlc_cl?ie=UTF8&asin=B003DNRGAS&cdAnchor=Mx27H6O142GCDXE ↩
http://www.amazon.com/review/R12XLYHU0MWTAL/ref=cm_cr_pr_cmt?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B003DNRGAS#wasThisHelpful Link: http://www.amazon.com/Flavorwave-Turbo-4-Piece-Deluxe-Accessory/dp/B002UKP9S6/ref=cm_cr-mr-title ↩