Heat: Halogen and Infrared
Fan: Convection fan
Dimensions: 16 x 12.5 x 13.5 inches
Weight: 14.7 pounds
Capacity: 16 US quarts / 16 litres
Runs at 120 V (110 V to 125 V)
Temperature range: not known
Timer range: not known
Bowl: glass bowl is dishwasher-safe, though some people say it takes up so much room in the dishwasher they prefer to wash by hand
Lid: glass plus mechanism
Colour: Comes in black, white, red and silver / grey
Extender ring: Comes with extender ring to make it taller included
Self-clean: not known
Model #: Model number varies by colour and as far as we can tell, the only difference between those model numbers appears to be the colour: 8065 (Silver / Grey), 9063 (Red), 9064 (White), 9065 (Black). Note, though, that the red and black models often sell for more.
Other: Comes with a cook book, a cooking guide, 2 trays, a mesh tray, lifting tongs, a ring extender and a glass spray bottle for cooking oil. Racks are made of chromed steel, according to purchasers.
Name: Emson Inc.
Phone: 1-800-423-4248 (valid as of 2013)
Manufacturer’s product page: http://emsoninc.com/oil-less-fryer-16665-msrp (link valid as of October 2014)
Manual; Yes. Also online manual. (link valid as of October 2014)
Recipe book: small recipe book (additional recipes on fan sites such as http://cookingupthecure.com/category/recipes/big-boss-oilless-fryer/ – link valid as of October 2014)
- Manufacturer says, “Quickly cooks from frozen, no thawing time needed”
- Does fried fish well. Spray one side with oil first, then when you turn it over half-way through cooking, spray the other side.
- Fits a small personal pan size pizza
- Suitable for a small family of 3 to 4 people
- You can’t turn the timer backwards if you overshoot the amount of time (user report)